Change how you learn. Study Overseas.
Student Lifestyle 56 Hits
3 minutes reading time (582 words)
[:en]When you choose to study overseas, it’s more than your surroundings that change – you will experience new cultures and enhance your global knowledge.
Whether you want to change your life, your career, your community or your world, Monash is ready to contribute to making real changes.
Monash University Is the largest university in Australia, ranked in the world's top 100 and top 1% of business employability education providers. Monash is the only Group of Eight university with triple crown international business accreditation within the Faculty of Business and Economics.
Life in Melbourne
As one of the world’s most liveable cities, you can expect excellence in public transport and healthcare, as well as opportunities for casual work while studying. Melbourne offers an abundance of cultural festivities, international sporting events, cafes and restaurants with cuisines from around the world, beautiful parks and beaches, you couldn’t pick a better place to live – a home away from home! You can choose to study in any of the 5 Monash campuses in Melbourne.
Cost of living
Before you begin your studies at Monash, it’s a good idea to plan and prepare a budget. Take for example, the rent is more expensive in some areas of Melbourne than others. You may also need spending money for things like medication and other personal items, such as clothes. Take note of inflation. Additional costs may apply for class materials and other course requirements depending on the degree chosen. So, do ensure you check on these before commencing your studies.
Prepare with Monash College
Monash College offers 2 academic pathways into Monash University undergraduate degrees: Monash University Foundation year and Monash College Diplomas. You decide which is best for you, otherwise, you can seek advise from our education counsellors without any fees.
- provide guaranteed entry into Monash University
- demonstrate Monash teaching style
- have multiple intakes throughout the year to align with your high school/Secondary exams
- use technology to make learning more fascinating and practical
- have proven success in developing high-performing graduates
Benefits of the Foundation Year program
- You have flexibility to choose your subjects
- There are no subject prerequisites for entry
- You can enter into any of the 10 faculties in Monash University
- It’s the only pathway into courses in Medicine, Nursing, Health Sciences, Pharmacy and Law
Benefits of the Diploma program
- Specialise from day 1 – only study subjects related directly to your degree
- Flexible entry and exit points
- Fast-track your studies by studying 3 trimesters a year
- Direct pathway into 2nd year of Art Design and Architecture, Arts, Business, Education (double degrees only), Engineering, IT and Science
- Prepare for university teaching style with a combination of interactive lectures and small classes of tutorials
Many programs are supported by generous scholarships and assistance packages so you can focus on what's important. You can find out more here.
Monash students are given the choice of more than 150 partner institutions in Asia, Africa, Europe and the Americas to do their semester exchange, gaining credit towards the degree while studying.
Some of the students make the most out of their semester break to complete a short study program for credit in a vibrant city abroad.
Monash is a modern, progressive university that will challenge you to find your best. Globally connected, our alumni network is at the forefront of social and technological progress at many of the world's best companies.
Keen to find out what Monash has to offer? Chat with us now.[:]