Quick Guide for Canada Student Visa Application
2 minutes reading time (456 words)
[:en]Visa processes usually include strict deadlines, multiple eligibility tests, qualifications and documentations. You must be meticulous with all your documents as even the tiniest error could get your application rejected (oh no need help here!)
Ok start reading and see what you need to do for Canada Student Visa Application.
1. Choose the Right Visa
Firstly, it is necessary that you do your research to understand which visa you will be eligible for. As an international student, you will be given only a non-immigrant visa as you will stay in the country only as long as your study programme lasts. While you can work during your study period, it is imperative that you obtain a work permit before you start working.
There are specific rules and limitations for each visa. That is why it is extremely important for you to be aware of what exactly your visa offers you.
- Study duration less than 6 months: TRV visa
- Study duration more than 6 months: Student visa
2. Check Your Eligibility
Firstly, you will need an acceptance letter from a Canadian Education Institution (DLI) containing all the necessary details including:
- The programme you are applying
- Your tuition fee
- Letterhead of the institutions
- The start and end dates of your course
In addition to this:
- To be eligible for the primary student visa, you must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- You must submit a criminal history record document
- Submit photocopies of your immigration status in Canada and other countries
- Submit proof of statement listing your reasons for applying for the study permit
- Submit a signed copy of your consent form from the Visa Application Centre (VAC).
3. Get All Your Documents Ready
Listed below are the documents that are required when you apply for a Canadian visa:
- A valid passport
- Attested copies of your SPM/IGCSE and post-secondary education documents
- A statement of purpose
- Police Certificate
- Letter of acceptance from your education institution
- Proof of financial support
4. Canadian Student Visa - Cost
You can apply for a Canadian student visa either online or offline by obtaining a paper application from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website.
- Payment for the online mode can be done with your credit card.
- For the offline mode, you can make the payment through a demand draft.
|For a family of 2 applicants||170|
We understand this whole process of applying for a visa and getting qualified for it might sound daunting to you. That is why we are here to make your process of applying to study abroad easier. If you are looking for some guidance to apply for a Canadian student visa, look for us! CONTACT US >>>