Vancouver Island University
Vancouver Island University is located in the central part of Vancouver Island, Nanaimo. Nanaimo is a bustling, beautiful harbour city and a welcoming community of over 90,000 people.
The city offers the best of two worlds, urban opportunities and natural environment.
VIU focuses on helping the students meet their goals, prepare them for their careers and attain the success they have never imagined.
Students can also experience hands-on learning, individual attention, and many opportunities for undergraduate research.
Offers 120+ programs, students can find the right program and it also helps them prepare for a multitude of careers.
The university operates 4 campuses including the main campus in Nanaimo, and the other regional campuses in the Cowichan Valley and Powell River, and Parksville-Qualicum Centre.
Vancouver Island University is the first university in British Columbia to provide a full tuition waiver to former youth in the province’s care system.
Why Choose Vancouver Island University?
- Vancouver Island University is the only university in Canada with an independent Faculty of International Education.
- The goal of the University is to help foster future global citizens or generations through engagement on campus and to build bridges across cultures through various projects and partnerships worldwide.
- It also provides fun activities for students like local trips planned by cultural connections, Field schools, cultural celebrations and exchange programs for the students.
What to study?
- Vancouver Island University provides a wide range of programs for international students. Over 120+ programs, ranging from graduate and undergraduate degrees to vocational, trades diplomas and certificates.
- Some of the popular key programs offered by the university include Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Arts, Design and Performing Arts, Management, Tourism, Recreation and Hospitality, Science and Technology, Education, Health and Services.
Vancouver Island University is named as the finalist in the Higher Education Academy’s 2018 Global Teaching Excellence Award.
Vancouver Island University has ten key programs for the students to explore, where they will find the perfect degree program for them.
ARTS, HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
ARTS, DESIGN AND PERFORMING ARTS
TOURISM, RECREATION AND HOSPITALITY
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
EDUCATION, HEALTH AND SERVICES
Vancouver Island University offers a variety of scholarships for international students across the course of each academic year.
The number of grants available for students provides a specific application process and eligibility criteria.
Here are some of the popular scholarships for international students:
- VIU International Undergraduate Regional Scholarships
- VIU World-Wide Entrance Scholarships
- British Columbia Offshore School Entrance Scholarship
- International Baccalaureate (IB) – Entry Scholarships
- International Education Academic Excellence Scholarship
Study at Vancouver Island University to gain valuable Canadian higher education experience through their engagement in innovative projects and partnerships worldwide.