Authorised Representative of
Best University Careers and Employability Service
National Undergraduate Employability Awards, 2021
De Montfort University
Situated in the city of Leicester, England, De Montfort University Leicester, (known widely as DMU) is a world-leading university that comprises of its four popular faculties:-
- Art, Design, and Humanities (ADH)
- Business and Law (BAL)
- Health and Life Sciences (H&LS)
- Computing, Engineering and Media (CEM)
In addition to that, DMU is a Sustainable Development Hub, focusing on Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions, an initiative by the United Nations launched in 2018. In DMU, excellent libraries with learning zone, study area and meeting rooms are meant to cater students with all they need during their studies. Students will be able to have sufficient resources with these equipped facilities to aid them in finding the information they need, conducting research, or simply just getting a quiet place to study. DMU’s library and learning services provide access to more than 500,000 print publications, thousands of e-books and e-journals, a huge range of DVDs, plus a host of research databases which can be accessed remotely. Not just that, DMU highly recognizes the needs of postgraduate students. Hence, main Kimberlin Library is open 24/7 to provide a comprehensive study room, dedicated only to DMU’s postgraduate students.
- Art, Design & Communications
Design & Advertising
Fashion & Textiles
Interior & Architecture
Media & Film production
- Business & Politics
Hospitality & Tourism
Fashion (Marketing, Management & Merchandising)
- Health & Science
Engineering: electronic & electrical
Living in the UK can be costly but DMU made it easier by providing opportunities for their students to earn while they learn, with jobs advertised through Unitemps, a campus-based and university-run recruitment agency. It offers paid work both inside the university and in the Leicester area, ranging from part-time work for a couple of hours a week, to full-time position for a short period.
- Students can gain experience and help build a better resume during their degree years, which can benefit them in getting a step ahead of their future peers.
- DMU employs students to work as student ambassadors, helping with campus tours, open days and many other activities across the university.
- Louis de Bernières, in the field of academics.
- Qais Al Khonji, famous Omani entrepreneur, in the field of business.
- Laura Coleman, Miss England 2008 and model, in the area of fashion.
- #1 Hospitality, event management & tourism
- #29 Pharmacy & pharmacology
- #32 Forensic science & archaeology
- #40 Mathematics
- #41 Fashion & textiles
- #46 Journalism, publishing & public relations
- #48 Chemistry
- #49 Politics
- #49 Architecture
- #52 Art
- #57 Design & crafts
- #60 Media & film studies
- #62 Nursing & midwifery
- #61 Engineering: electronic & electrical
- #64 Engineering: mechanical
- #64 Economics
- #66 Health professions
- #66 Film production & photography
Tips To Study Abroad
Things you should understand for studying abroad!