When you think of culinary, you think of…
Have you found yourself trying to whip up those dishes by yourself after watching those cooking shows on YouTube or TV? Many might even find cooking therapeutic and want to pursue career in this area. Be it a career you are after or simply for passion, learning culinary will benefit one in many ways. Culinary is an art, not just preparing those palatable dishes but also plating in a captivating way.
When you study culinary, you learn how to handle different ingredients to bring out its best taste and you are taught about the nutrients in food so as to promote a healthier lifestyle in your cooking.
For over 120 years, Le Cordon Bleu has been a leader in culinary arts education. From preserving traditional techniques to researching cutting edge molecular cuisine, Le Cordon Bleu upholds a tradition of excellence.
Australia is Le Cordon Bleu’s academic hub, and part of an international expansion story starting in 1984 with the acquisition of Le Cordon Bleu Paris by Monsieur Andre Cointreau. In the same year, Adelaide hosted the first Australian Symposium of Gastronomy, reflecting a growing confidence in the nation’s cuisine.
Why Le Cordon Bleu?
- Gain one of the industry’s most revered qualifications – A Le Cordon Bleu qualification is one that is most recognised and respected by culinary and wine professionals around the world, considering to be synonymous with outstanding quality.
- Learn in state-of-the-art facilities – All Le Cordon Bleu’s institutes worldwide boast some of the most advanced facilities and equipment to prepare students for tomorrow’s culinary world.
- Live and study in some of the most exciting cities in the world – Le Cordon Bleu institutes are located in some of the most innovative and dynamic cities around the world.
- Train under the guidance of Le Cordon Bleu Master Chefs and expert lecturers – Learn from a team of classically trained chefs, lecturers and wine experts, whose dedication to share their refined expertise will ensure students’ success.
- Become part of an international network – With an ever-increasing number of institutes, being part of the Le Cordon Bleu family will open students up to an international network of contacts and friends.
Be able to mix-and-match your study locations
Food is closely linked with different cultures. Thus studying at Le Cordon Bleu, you can choose to ‘mix and match’ your study locations by completing part or all of your study programme in one of four locations – Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane. It is also possible for you to incorporate other destinations such as London, Paris, Tokyo or Ottawa into your unique study plan.
Creating work-ready graduates
Le Cordon Bleu has an outstanding network of industry partners who support students with Work Integrated Learning (WIL) placements, enhancing graduate job prospects and employability. The Industry Engagement Team empowers students with the skills to navigate a real work environment and plan for their future careers.
What is Work Integrated Learning (WIL)?
Work Integrated Learning (WIL) allows students to explore career aspirations in a real industry workplace before graduating. Le Cordon Bleu places students in Work Integrated Learning programmes worldwide allowing them to experience diverse workplace cultures, build skill-sets and industry networks.
With a focus on career development, WIL provides a platform for professional and personal growth with workplace opportunities to hone specialist skills for the future.
The Most Influential Qualification…
Grand Diplôme is recognised internationally as one of Le Cordon Bleu’s most prestigious culinary qualifications that combines classical training in both cuisine and patisserie. Students are first taught basic culinary skills before applying knowledge to high-quality produce and specialist ingredients.
This diploma is awarded after successful completion of both the Diplôme de Cuisine and the Diplôme de Pâtisserie which may be studied simultaneously over a period of 9 months.
Need more information on courses at Le Cordon Bleu? Meet the institute representatives at our education fair!