5 great reasons to study in Australia
There are many reasons to choose Australia as your international study destination, here’s our top 5:
- Excellent education system
- Friendly people with a diverse culture
- Easy access to employment, accommodation, healthcare and transportation
- Safe and beautiful country with lots of travel opportunities
- Affordable living
The education system
The education system in Australia is supported by the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) – a national policy for regulated qualifications across schools, vocational education and training and higher education. This is to say that your degree is valuable and authorized if the university you are attending is in accordance with this qualification system.
There are 176 registered higher education providers in Australia1 and amongst these, 8 of them are ranked in the Top 100 globally while 37 of them have been included among the world’s best in the latest QS World University Rankings. Most universities are located in capital cities that rank in the top 30 most liveable cities for students, hence, it is no surprise that Australia has the 3rd highest number of international students in the world behind only the UK and the USA2 with about 2,3003 Singaporean students joining Australian universities every year.
With a great education system in place, you can live, study and experience another culture with plenty of attractions and transport infrastructure at your fingertips.
1 Source: Australian Government Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency
2 Source: Times Higher Education World Universities Rankings
3 Source: Australian Government Department of Home Affairs
The cost of studying
Whilst not cheap, studying in Australia is not as expensive as some other western countries. Moreover, with many universities rated amongst the best in the world, it is definitely worth the investment.
Here are some examples of course fees, listed in Australian dollars:
- English language studies – around $300 per week depending on course length
- Vocational Education and Training (Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma) – $4,000 to $22,000 per year
- Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – $22,000 to $35,000* per year
- Postgraduate Master’s Degree – $25,000 to $37,000* per year
* Note: this does not include high value courses like veterinary, dentistry or medicine.
The recommended cost of living by the Australia Government Department of Home Affairs is $20,290 per year.
All costs quoted above are an estimate for reference only.
Working in Australia
Most student visas allow you to work for a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight during semester period, and there are no restriction to the hours during vacation. You should double-check your visa before starting any paid work.
Do note that you will need to get a Tax File Number (TFN) to work in Australia before commencing your work.
Working after you graduate
If you are interested to work in Australia after completing your studies, you will need a get a new visa. Graduates can consider applying for the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) which consists of two streams: the Graduate Work stream and the Post-Study Work stream.
The Graduate Work stream is for international students who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation considered in demand in the Australian labour market, as indicated in the list of eligible skilled occupations. A visa in this stream is generally granted for 18 months.
The Post-Study Work stream offers extended options for working in Australia to eligible graduates of a higher education degree. Under this stream, successful applicants are granted a visa for a period of two, three or four years’ duration, depending on the highest educational qualification they have obtained.Speak With Us Today
Preparing for study – a step-by-step guide
to the application & visa process
Here’s how it works:
- Speak with an education counsellor on your study plan
- Apply to institutions of your choice
- Receive responses from institutions. You will received an unconditional offer letter if accepted by the institutions
- Accept the offer by signing on the acceptance contract and making deposit for the initial tuition fee and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Confirm your place. The Institution will confirm your place by issuing an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) which is mandatory for student visa applications
- Book accommodation. There are various options such as on-campus students accommodation, private students accommodation providers or rent from private owners
- Apply for student visa
- Book your flight
- Attend pre-departure briefing
- Depart for your studies
Too complicated? No worries, AECC Global is here to help you! Leave the mundane and complicated paper work to us and before you know it, you are all ready to embark on an adventure! Furthermore, AECC Global provides free consultation and their services are entirely free.Speak With Us Today
Why AECC Global?
Trusting an education agency with your future can be hard. We have been there, we know and hence AECC Global has been on a mission to make international education accessible since our inception in 2008.
Here is why you need to speak to us:
- All our team members are highly experienced in international tertiary study and hold appropriate qualifications for effective education counselling. Many of them had also studied overseas themselves
- We work on your behalf as an independent representative of over 300 top universities and educational institutions across the globe that we have vetted, giving you a wide range of choices backed by an intimate knowledge of each institution.
- We can offset costs by finding scholarships and a lot of universities will waive off application fees when you apply through us.
- We take care of everything for you from advising you on course selection and applications, to helping you secure the correct visa and anything else you need (like health cover for instance)
- We provides free consultation and services. Students who approach us for assistance do not need to pay us a single cent.
Choosing AECC Global as your international study partner means you can focus on planning your new life while we take care of all the paperwork.Speak With Us Today
Our global footprint
Offering a world class education counselling service means having a global footprint and no language barriers. That’s why we operate in 9 countries with 27 international offices, and our team speaks more than 21 languages fluently.
We can help you follow the path you’ve been dreaming of by communicating with you in your language, from wherever you currently are.
- new delhi
- general santos